Call for Entries:
The 6th Qi Baishi International Cultural and Art Festival (Xiangtan, China)
“Inheritance and Innovation - The Marvels of Chinese Painting Excelling Nature's Creations” the Chinese Painting Exhibition for College Students
In order to promote Qi Baishi's artistic spirit, carry forward the traditional culture, prosper the art undertakings and strengthen cultural self-confidence, the Qi Baishi International Cultural and Art Festival (Xiangtan, China) , jointly sponsored by the China Federation of Literary and Art Circles and the People's Government of Hunan Province, has successfully held five sessions since 2004, which has exerted a far-reaching influence on society and gradually formed a well-known domestic cultural and art festival brand. The 6th Qi Baishi International Culture and Art Festival (Xiangtan, China) is scheduled to be held in late October 2023. The sub-event Call for Entries: "Inheritance and Innovation—The Marvels of Chinese Painting excelling Nature's Creations" the Chinese Painting Exhibition for College Students is officially launched, and relevant matters are notified as follows:
(Note: Chinese painting, also called as "guo hua", is a traditional form of painting in China, which is painted on silk or paper with a brush dipped in water, ink or color. Tools and materials include brush, ink, Chinese painting pigments, rice paper, silk, etc. Painting is optional if students want to use gouache, watercolors, watery ink or acrylic paints. )
Xiangtan Municipal People's Government
Hunan Artists Association
Hunan University of Science and Technology
Xiangtan Municipal Bureau of Culture, Tourism, Radio, Television and Sports
Qi Baishi Art College of Hunan University of Science and Technology
Xiangtan Artists Association
II. Exhibition Period
October 28, 2023 — November 28, 2023
III. Exhibition Venue
Qi Baishi Art Museum, Hunan University of Science and Technology
IV. Sum of Exhibits
A total of 100 Chinese paintings will be displayed in the exhibition.
V. The Treatment of Artist
1. The participating artists will receive participating certificate issued by the organizing committee, which will be affixed official seals of the Office of the Organizing Committee of Qi Baishi International Culture and Art Festival (Xiangtan, China), Hunan artists Association and Hunan University of Science and Technology. Each participating artist will receive a copy of the exhibition collection.
2. The collection intention for participating works shall be on a voluntary basis. . The collection fee of collecting works shall be determined through negotiation between the collecting institution and the artist, and the collecting institution issues a collection certification to the artist.
3. The Organizing Committee will invite some artists with participating works to participate in the opening ceremony, exhibition opening ceremony and academic lectures of the 6th Qi Baishi International Culture and Art Festival (Xiangtan, China) and other activities.
VI. Requirements for Participating Artists and Works
1. Eligibility for Participating Artists
The exhibition accepts individual and collective submissions form full-time undergraduate, master's, and doctoral students in general colleges and universities nationwide (including 2023 graduates and international students), as well as works of invited students from certain foreign universities. Please refer to the attachment 1,2 (Application Form and Summary Form) for submission.
2. Size of Participating Works
The size of the painting core of Chinese artworks should not exceed 240cm (height) × 200cm (width). Each artist is limited to submit one work for evaluation (including collaborations). All selected works will be uniformly mounted by the organizing committee, so please do not frame or mount them.
VII. Submission Requirements
The submitted works should be original creations of the artists, without infringing on the copyrights, exclusive publishing rights, portrait rights, patent rights, and other legitimate rights of any third party at home and abroad. It is strictly prohibited to use high imitation, ghostwriting, plagiarism of others, or copying one's own works for exhibition. Otherwise, the artist shall bear any legal disputes or liabilities, and the organizer will announce the cancellation of their participation qualification on the official website.
VIII. Selection Committee and Supervisory Committee
The selection committee, composed of experts selected by the Hunan Artists Association, is responsible for the preliminary evaluation and re-evaluation of the works. At the same time, Hunan University of Science and Technology organizes a supervisory committee to oversee the process of preliminary evaluation and re-evaluation.
IX. Participating Method and Relevant Schedule
1. Preliminary Evaluation
From the date of this notice to September 27, 2023, each participating artist need to submit application form, summary form, and the images of one work (the image should be no less than 5MB, and the image resolution should not be lower than 300pdi) to firstname.lastname@example.org via email. The email should be named in the unified format of "University Name + Name + Contact Information + The Title of the Work". The organizing committee will print the participating work images for the preliminary evaluation. The preliminary results will be announced on the organizer's website, and the organizing committee will notify the shortlisted artists for the preliminary evaluation by phone or email. Artists who are not shortlisted will not be notified separately, and the materials submitted for the preliminary evaluation will not be returned.
The artists who have been shortlisted are required to mail their original works for the re-evaluation. The sent works must be consistent with the preliminary evaluation works. Changing the works without authorization will result in disqualification for the re-evaluation. The works must be properly packaged and insured. The mailing and insurance costs shall be borne by the participating artists themselves (mails with postage due will be rejected). The insurance for returning the works will be based on the same standard as the mailing insurance, and it will be uniformly insured by the organizing committee.
The original work should be properly packaged and sent by a reputable logistics company to prevent damage or loss during the mailing process. If the exhibited work is damaged or lost due to inadequate self-packaging during transportation, the organizing committee will notify the artist in a timely manner, but the organizing committee will not assume any responsibility.
4. Delivery Information for Selected Works
Address: Art Building, Qi Baishi School of Arts, Hunan University of Science and Technology, Taoyuan Road, Yuhu District, Xiangtan City, Hunan Province, China.
Recipient: Guan Wei
Postal Code: 411201
X. Related Matters
1. The organizer has the right to exhibit, research, photograph, record, publish, and promote all selected works without seeking the artist's opinion or paying any remuneration.
2. All artists applying to participate in this exhibition are deemed to have agreed to and complied with the provisions in the call for entries.
XI. Contact and Consultation
Long Mengsheng: 13787260256
Tang Liang: 13575116627
Guan Wei: 18073268862
Office of the Organizing Committee of Qi Baishi International Cultural and Art Festival (Xiangtan, China)
August 23, 2023
1. Application Form for Participation in “Inheritance and Innovation—The Marvels of Chinese Painting Excelling Nature's Creations” the Chinese Painting Exhibition for College Students at the 6th Qi Baishi International Cultural and Art Festival (Xiangtan, China)
2. Summary Form for Participation in “Inheritance and Innovation—The Marvels of Chinese Painting Excelling Nature's Creations” the Chinese Painting Exhibition for College Students at the 6th Qi Baishi International Cultural and Art Festival (Xiangtan, China)